Eurovision 2017: My General Top42 before all the Lights Get On (1s Part)

It's Eurovision Time and there are tops on line from the whole world, well, sometimes I made mine, and this year, I've been working on that too. 

Here are the first delivery of what is my point of view according to the first listening and the song itself, let’s start this….


42. LITHUANIA

The singer has a great attitude and she can deliver a good version live of the song but the main problem is the buildup of the song itself, what is that?!


41. GEORGIA

I think she has one of the best voices of this year, the message of the song is good but I cannot stand the old-fashioned of this song, maybe if it had had some modern instrumentation it would work much better at first listening.


40. ISRAEL

Most of the fans are going to hate me, but I cannot find a gap in this song, I know it’s an up-tempo and he has a nice voice but it wasn’t enough to captivate me at first. Maybe in rehearsals or in his semifinal will make me change my mind, but it’s still not my cup of tea.


39. ALBANIA

It’s too dramatic and noisy to me, it has good lyrics and an amazing voice, but the instrumentation is the biggest mistake. It’s also a bit forgettable.


38. MALTA

It’s a classic ballad made for Eurovision, maybe in 90’s would have been topping my top, but it’s not working this year for me, Claudia has a great vocals live and the buildup of the song can conquer the jury votes and maybe the televoting.


37. GREECE

I expect a bit more from Greece, they used to send very interesting tunes to the big music stage but this year they are just ok, too generic for me, it sounds good but it’s not enough, not coming from one of the dearest of Eurovision.


36. CYPRUS

It sounds current but it’s boring too repetitive, I know “WTF… But it’s another uptempo song?”… However, it did not work well on me at first, maybe the draw in its semifinal helps it to get the golden ticket to the final but if it depends on me, I won’t give it to them. Hovig has a nice delivering of the song live.


35. POLAND

It’s an interesting bid from Poland, but it lacks of hook, Kasia has a powerful voice and the buildup of the song makes the singer to be just perfect vocally, she can really do it live but the song itself is poor, I still try to find what is the lyrics about, I don’t know why is she so dramatic vocally… What is this song about ?! (I really mean it)


34. SLOVENIA

Omar is coming back to Kyiv after 12 years as Eurovision itself, but this time is attempting with a powerless ballad, he is great vocally live but the song has no power to make him in the list of the qualifiers.


33. CROATIA

Vocally is an enigmatic song – why?!, you may ask; well, it’s a song sung in two tones or ways by one singer, it’s one of the most bizarre proposals of this year, but I think he cannot make what he does in his studio version of this song, even though, it’s a guilty pleasure to me.


32. ROMANIA

What a messy song is this, it’s happening everything! However, sometimes sounds good to me. Romania just pick everything and put it on this song, he does a good job live but her vocals is a bit weak, the yodeling is the worst part, in the studio version they correct the mess but live is awful.

Anyways, It will be interesting to see how it’s gonna work the new version of the voting system with Romania, they haven’t tasted yet.

31. ARMENIA

The most pure ethnic song of the year, I liked it after two listenings, that’s why is lower in my top, but she can really sing it live and maybe the rehearsals of the live show make believe in this even more.


30. SAN MARINO

Valentina can not get enough of Eurovision, I can’t blame on her, so can I, myself. it’s a shame she can get a better song but it’s not that bad at all, Jimmie seems to be a great performer too, I’m eager to watch them live, I hope they can fulfill everyone’s expectations and make it to the final perhaps.


29. SPAIN

Manel Navarro is the equivalent in Spain to say “El diablo” (the devil) the Spaniards seem to hate him (mostly the fans lovers of the wind machine cheap divas; the only and one Wind machine Diva and Queen is Swedish, and her name is Carola. Häggkvist)

Manel’s song is a nice summer hit but from 00s, even though, he has charisma and his youngness helps to deliver a nice feeling. At first listening, it sounds a bit common but does not mean bad.  Maybe a good staging and camera work helps him to improve.

Coming soon the following spots of my top42.


Carpe diem ! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#Eurovison2023: #BenidormFest 2023 (II)

Adios Al Amigo Decidido.

Eurovision 2015: Reseñas ALB, MOL, POL, ARM, NOR