Eurovision 2017: My General Top42 before All the Lights Get On (2nd Part)


I wanted to post my top42 before the rehearsals, I could not make it but I will post it before the Shows are broadcasted.

28. SWEDEN

I’m a Swedish lover, but I cannot build a bridge with Bengtsson’s song, I know he has a great live show but I cannot stand the song itself. For me is not a winner, nor a top10 for Sweden. Sorry Sweden for second year in a row I won’t be crossing my fingers for you, but I aware you’ll be in the final.


27. IRELAND

It’s a nice 90’s-early-00’s ballad song, but I did not feel in love with it at first listening, 7th time winner of Eurovision is still lost for my taste despite I love its entries back in 2010, 2014 and 2015 ;).


26. AUSTRALIA

After the amazing Dami Im I was a bit disappointed about this song once I heard it at first time, I kinda like it but without being my ultimate favorite, I like it but I will not regret if they did not get through the final.


25. CZECHIA

I like it since the first listening but being realistic, it has not a strong gap that makes you remember it; I think it’s one of my personal guilty pleasures of the year.


24. HUNGARY

it’s a great folk song sung in national language, i just love it for that, the only thing I don’t like the most is the rap part of that amazing song. It’s said that gypsy people has a kind of curse in Eurovision, non of them had gotten a higher place in a final, let’s see if Joci Pápai breaks it.


23. AUSTRIA

Youth and charisma leads this entry, he is one of the most lovable kids of this year, he has a nice charming and he is so friendly that just for that you just want him in the final. He has a bad draw in his semi-final, but he has a nice song but most important a gifted in live voice. I hope both the jury and televoting give him the spot in the final.


22. UKRAINE

After so many up-tempo and ballads we must be grateful with the host country to give us a nice alternative rock tune, with a great staging they can be fighting for a top10 place. Ukraine does not usually send male voices and the few ones have been sent when their hosts (I love their song back in 2005 despite the bad result got)


21. SERBIA

it’s a song I don’t get a first but it’s so modern with that Balkan flavour, I think she does not have a easy path to get the final but she can deliver an impacting live performance she could easily get one of the 10 spots of her semi-final.


20. MOLDOVA

We have the spic sax guy back, it’s very funny this song has been losing spots in my top42, once was in top10 and now it is in this place. It’s a nice party song, but it’s going to depend on their staging to get through.


19. DENMARK

Powerful voice in a average song. Anja tried once last year with a magnificent song, last year’s song was much better song in several parts than this one, despite this one was composed by Anja, herself. She is very Mariah Carey for me, I like that but she could be a bit noisy with her highest shouts.


18. UNITED KINGDOM

Once again, we got a power ballad full of highs and lows. Lucie has a great live performance; I hope she can get a good place in the final. I love this one because of her vocals and the lyrics itself.


17. MONTENEGRO

This song is on the edge of what is good and what is weird. The song is good but he is pretending to be a character I don’t know what or who. I like the song though. It is going to depend on him and what he’s going to do on his live show to go through the final.


16. GERMANY

I know it sounds quite familiar to a David Guetta’s song but I love the lyrics and the voice of Levina. I aware she could be placing last in the Grand Final, but I like to think she won’t be that bad.


15. BELGIUM

It’s been losing field in my top42, the song is amazing but the performer is bad, she is too inexpressive that kills the song itself. I don’t think it reaches the top10 but it does the grand final, the song is great and she can sing it but she cannot sell it that well, sadly, Belgium is so trying to do things good but this year has a half act.  

That's all for now, wait for the last part sooner. 

Carpe Diem! 


Video Source: youtube.com/eurovision 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#Eurovison2023: #BenidormFest 2023 (II)

Adios Al Amigo Decidido.

Eurovision 2015: Reseñas ALB, MOL, POL, ARM, NOR