Skip to main content

"A song for Spain"...


I was going to talk about the 4 songs from the Spanish Selection for their Artist (Pastora Soler) chosen internally last December, but today was announced that “Ahora o Nunca” is the chosen one to be the eligible song among the two previous chosen to be the song for Pastora Soler in their Final in Baku 2012.

Without know the official draw of the 3 songs in the final, but as they are two ballads and one mid-tempo song, I’m gona talk about them in my own draw. So let’s talk about the 3 rest songs then ;)

1. “Ahora o nunca” (Now or never)

It’s the one I felt in love from the first time, in Spain is not the most favourite, but I personally find it really pleasant and her voice sounds great in every note and Word, it’s a beautiful Spanish Ballad, without using the traditional Spanish arrangements. To me would be this song or the Swedish-Spanish one. The thing I like the most from this song is that is totally Spanish made, and I was calling for a Spanish-Spanish entry.

2. “Tu vida es tu vida” (Your life, it’s your life)

It’s a interesting song mostly for the lyrics, but the song itself isn’t that strong, I wanna mean the sound of the melody, it’s a mid-tempo song, maybe with some Spanish arrangements; maybe a little more guitar or so would sound better and it would be a kind or polemic song in Baku 2012, because of the lyrics and the place where the Eurovision is going on, but Spain won’t pick it up because the singer has a long time career or trajectory in Music and they want to be in a better place in the final scoreboard than use her to be or create polemics in Eurovision.

3. “Quédate conmigo” (Stay with me)

It’s a beautiful ballad, that’s true! The artist herself loves it the most, so that put all the Eurofans in favor of it and the fact to pick it up for her. It’s third parts Swedish and one Spanish, it sounds nothing to a Spanish normal ballad song, but the vocals of Pastora Soler are well-explode on it, that’s why she really loves it, perhaps.

I’m almost sure it would be the chosen one at the end, and at least the Artist would be happy to sing a song she likes, not like last year, when Lucia Pérez had to sing a song she wasn’t so happy to sing but tried to do the best with what she got; but that’s old news.

I’m actually not a big fan of neither of the songs, they could have been even better but I think the two ballads worth enough to place well in the final of Eurovision, they’re well made but the most important well sung by Pastora Soler.

Even though, I’m expecting the live versions in the Spanish final to find out which one has the best performance and the potential to get a better place in the final scoreboard, I wish all the best to Pastora Soler, TVE and the Spanish people.

So that’s all what I have to say about the 3 Spanish songs, remember I’m not a music expert, I just express myself from the perspective of a fan from overseas ;) who wants all the best for one of the countries I feel connected by the fact of hablar Español ! lol

so, if you're not a Spanish Eurofan, which song would you pick for Spain?

Carpe Diem!


Sources: tve.es, youtube, eurovision.tv

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eurovision 2017: My General Top42 before all the Lights Get On (1s Part)

It's Eurovision Time and there are tops on line from the whole world, well, sometimes I made mine, and this year, I've been working on that too. 
Here are the first delivery of what is my point of view according to the first listening and the song itself, let’s start this….


42. LITHUANIA
The singer has a great attitude and she can deliver a good version live of the song but the main problem is the buildup of the song itself, what is that?!


41. GEORGIA
I think she has one of the best voices of this year, the message of the song is good but I cannot stand the old-fashioned of this song, maybe if it had had some modern instrumentation it would work much better at first listening.


40. ISRAEL
Most of the fans are going to hate me, but I cannot find a gap in this song, I know it’s an up-tempo and he has a nice voice but it wasn’t enough to captivate me at first. Maybe in rehearsals or in his semifinal will make me change my mind, but it’s still not my cup of tea.

39. ALBANIA
It’s too dram…

Eurovision 2017: My General top42 Before All the Lights Get On (3d Part)

I'm going to divide the last 14 places into two parts. Here are the places 14 to 8: 
14. NORWAY
Aleksandr Walmann has great vocals and JOWST one of the best mixes of the year. It will depend on what they have to performance it. I love the song and it was one of my favs from MGP this year.I’d like to see Aleksandr by himself in future too.


13. ESTONIA
Verona is a nice retro-eighties-song. Despite I cannot really find chemistry between the singers the song itself it’s really good.The risk will be in his vocals, Laura sings pretty well, but Koit could be penalized with his, I’m afraid. 


12. SWITZERLAND
Flawless voice and great live performance, I hope they can make a great show live using a good backdrop and nice graphics that helps to sell their song. Switzerland could be placing really well this year, a top10 for sure if they have all the ingredients ready.


11. NETHERLANDS
For 5th year in a row, The Netherlands sends a song I like since I hear at first time. I love the harmonies of the t…

Eurovision 2017: My General Top42 before All the Lights Get On (2nd Part)

I wanted to post my top42 before the rehearsals, I could not make it but I will post it before the Shows are broadcasted.
28. SWEDEN
I’m a Swedish lover, but I cannot build a bridge with Bengtsson’s song, I know he has a great live show but I cannot stand the song itself. For me is not a winner, nor a top10 for Sweden. Sorry Sweden for second year in a row I won’t be crossing my fingers for you, but I aware you’ll be in the final.

27. IRELAND
It’s a nice 90’s-early-00’s ballad song, but I did not feel in love with it at first listening, 7th time winner of Eurovision is still lost for my taste despite I love its entries back in 2010, 2014 and 2015 ;).

26. AUSTRALIA
After the amazing Dami Im I was a bit disappointed about this song once I heard it at first time, I kinda like it but without being my ultimate favorite, I like it but I will not regret if they did not get through the final.

25. CZECHIA
I like it since the first listening but being realistic, it has not a strong gap that makes you …