Melodifestivalen 2012 Review: Deltävling 4


The 4 TH semi final in Malmö, has arrived and all the 32 songs are known now. As all of us expected, it was the strongest semi final of all the tour, I liked 7 of 8 acts, and let’s talk about the results.

02. OPA! – “ALLTING BLIR BRA IGEN”. R/= LAST PLACE.
I kind of liked it, but didn’t convince me a 100%, despite the lyrics was good but so easy at time. They were the new ones in the semi, that in regular words mean “last place”, it’s always nice to hear Greek soundings in Melodifestivalen, but my favorite ever, has been “alla” by Sofia Berstron in 2009 ;).

 05. HANNA LINDBLAD – “GOOSEBUMPS”. R/= 7TH PLACE
We’re living in middle of a retro wave and Hanna took us till 80’s decade, and mostly to “Flash dance” époque, I love it, and it’s gonna be one of my favorite songs of the season without a doubt, I wasn’t even born when this kind of music was on, or I was too little to enjoy it, so, that’s why I got some fascination, besides Hanna has a “je ne sais quoi” that got me ;), I love her back in 2010 and her “Manipulated” as well.

06. AXEL ALGMARK – “KYSS MIG”. R/= 6TH PLACE
I really like and enjoy his performance, he had a great energy on stage and the song was good, but the competition was hard and he didn’t reach it, even though, I think he could try once again in few years and be on top4, in that appearance.

01. CHARLOTTE PERRELLI – “THE GIRL”. R/= 5TH PLACE
She sang it “she was the girl”. And she was right, she was the girl who was twice in Eurovision, once won and the second one failed down low with “Hero”, so the 3th was the one and last for a while, she got punished by Swedes, and they were right and chose very well. Despite everything, I love her song and her performance, she is a show-woman and she demonstrated it once again last Saturday.  Thanks Charlotte, for your music and willing of represent dear Sweden once again, but it’s time for new voices and faces, your winner status will remain forever and ever ;). You’re a Diva anyway and one of the sweethearts of Sweden.

QUALIFIERS TILL ANDRA CHANSEN (THE SECOND OPORTUNITY)

03. DYNAZTY – “LAND OF BROKEN DREAMS”. R/= 4TH PLACE
What a great song, but it reminds me a lot of The Poodles, H.E.A.T., or Pain of Salvation, but a little bit more great. I like it, they were in odds the 2nd favorite to win the semifinal, but the quality of the semi in general was high and the best performances were picked by Swedish people ;)

04. LOTTA ENGBERG & CHRISTER SJÖGREN – “DON’T LET ME DOWN”. R/= 3TH PLACE.
“Your Royal Highness of Swedish Schlager” Lotta and Christer picked a lovely classic schalger song and they just did a great performance, I love that song so much, they still got style and their voices are marvelous live. I think they will have one of the tickets till Globen in Andra chansen.  Best of luck your “highnesses” lol

QUALIFIERS TILL GLOBEN FINALEN

08. DANNY SAUCEDO – “AMAZING”. R/= 2ND PLACE
The song was good but not enough, it has a lot, I think both the performance and the song is quite overloaded, the performance has a lot of steps and dance, and his vocals wasn’t the best of all, maybe it’s because of that he was 2nd and didn’t win the semi final, the song reminded me another song and a friend of mine also noticed and tell me a name, Bruno Mars’ “just the way you are”. Maybe that song, maybe another song, but the sound is quite familiar, don’t you think?

07. LISA MISKOVSKY – “WHY START A FIRE”. R/= WINNER
What a good surprise, she was 5th favorite in the odds in Sweden and at the end; she won and surprised even Danny’s fans. I love her performance and I like her song, sometimes something simple but well structured can earn lots of votes, like it happened in Eurovision 2010 with Lena Meyer-Landrut. Currently, Lisa is pointed out to win Melodifestivalen because she won the most voted and hardest semifinal. I really wish her all the best, and I like her voice and music style, if the style in music she’s always used, I just met her, thanks to MF2012. ;)

MALMÖS DELTÄVLING (SEMIFINAL) IN NUMBERS:

Televoting: 642.413 votes
Viewers: 3.096.000 millions

I really enjoyed this semi, Malmö once again hosted the last Deltävling like it happened last year ;). I was so excited during the results, wow since semi one I didn’t feel it in that way. Next Saturday is the Andra Chansen and Schlagers Royalty and Andreas Johnson are the favourites to reach the final.

Carpe Diem !
@jclugoholt


Sources: melodifestivalen, SVT, google. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#Eurovison2023: #BenidormFest 2023 (II)

Adios Al Amigo Decidido.

Eurovision 2015: Reseñas ALB, MOL, POL, ARM, NOR