Söngvakeppni 2012 Final: Who'll be the winner ?



A year ago, I was the guy who wasn’t able to write without cheat the Icelandic national selection name, but today, I can write it without look at my keyboard, and I’m so in love with “Söngvakeppni Sónvarpsins” 2012.

The Icelandic broadcasting (RÚV) has made a great job pick each song they put into each semi finals, now, I’m so much fan of the Icelandic music, thanks to this year’s Söngvakeppni (I can’t stop writing it)

I’m gonna do a little reprise of each of the 7 song finalists for today’s final show, what let me a little sad because it’s the end of the NF, but happy because we’ll have the 9th song for Eurovision Song Contest 2012. ;)

The running order for the Icelandic final is as follows:

01. Heiða and Guðrún Árný – Aldrei sleppir mér (L&M: Greta Salóme Stefánsdóttir)

02. Magni Ásgeirsson – Hugarró  (L&M: Sveinn Rúnar Sigurðsson, Þórunn Erna Clausen )

03. Rósa Birgítta Ísfeld – Stund með þér (L&M: Sveinn Rúnar Sigurðsson - Þórunn Erna Clausen)

04. Simbi og Hrútspungarnir – Hey (L&M: Magnús Hávarðarson)

05. Regína Ósk – Hjartað brennur (L&M: María Björk Sverrisdóttir, Marcus Frenell, Fredrik Randquist, Kristján Hreinsson, Anna Andersson)

06. Blár Opal – Stattu upp (L&M: Ingólfur Þórarinsson - Axel Atlason)

07. Greta Salóme and Jónsi – Mundu eftir mér (L&M: Greta Salóme Stefánsdóttir)


Which acts will be the 3 Super Finalists? – I love 6 from the 7 songs, for me the last place is for Rósa Birgítta Ísfeld, if they would have chosen Íris Hólm, I’d have had 6 or all the 7 would’ve been my favs. XD

For me, the 3 bigs will be:

Song 07: Mundu eftir mér (So Icelandic, victorious, mythical, magical... etc)
Song 05 : Hjartað brennur (a happy tune, but she’d have the super final because she is great)
Song 02 : Hugarró (What a tune, I really love it, from the beginning to the end, Magni does a great job

Big surprise of the Dark Horse would be:
Song 06: Stattu upp (it’s a great song, really uptempo but with the Icelandic touch.) or maybe "Hey"

With any of those songs, Iceland and RÚV would be doing a great job and maybe conquering the victory in Baku, it’s time for Iceland to shine, they really deserve it!

I really want to highlight the great job done by Greta Salóme as songwriter; she has done a MAGNIFICENT JOB, with those great songs and, of course to Sveinn Rúnar Sigurðsson, Þórunn Erna Clausen because they also have 2 songs in the Final.

That’s all from the Icelandic National Final till the next year ;)


Carpe Diem!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#Eurovison2023: #BenidormFest 2023 (II)

Adios Al Amigo Decidido.

Eurovision Song Contest Düsseldorf 2011 - Semi final 1